Sunday, April 12, 2009

Let the Packing Begin!

Since the home buying process is moving itself along quite nicely we decided it would be wise to start packing up the apartment. The biggest progress happened when Mandy brought boxes (and the ever important bubble wrap - I promise I won't pop a single bubble) from her last move with their mother. They have boat loads of boxes and I just unfold, tape and throw things in. Here's a picture of the madness that has ensued...

Before I started the packing, Nick had the great idea to capture our apartment. We've lived here for a long time and will want to look back at the pictures and try and remember what it was like to live in 800 square feet. Once the memories were captured Nick gave me the official go ahead to box it all up as fast I could.

I am trying to be very methodical about packing so that I can keep track of where everything is and where everything is going in the house. I've devised a labeling system for the boxes where each box has a destination and then a catalog of what's in it. Hopefully I can keep this up. Right now it's fresh and new in a couple of weeks I may not care anymore. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Congrats on the new home, and best of luck with the packing, that can be a real bear, but well worth it when you get into the new home and want to get things unpacked.