Monday, April 20, 2009

Craft Table

I was looking for a simple table to do crafts on, whether it's card making, scrapbooking, sewing, or gift wrapping. I need the space to spread out and be able to walk away and come back to my projects. Awhile ago I was obsessed with the Pottery Barn Bedford Project Table Set but at $1099 for the table and bookshelves (no chairs) it was quite steep for a hobby table. So I kept looking and found another ridiculously expensive option at Macy's.

I was recently browsing the Ikea catalog at my father-in-law's and found some table legs and table tops to put together. Now I had to see it in person. We swung by Ikea on Saturday and I got to see the Vika Hyttan/Vika Fintorp in silver. I think it's got the perfect look of usefulness in the stainless steel covering/coating of the table top and finish of the legs with a shabby chic flair. I have two size options to choose from both under $175!

No comments: