Saturday, April 04, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I haven't blogged about this because I didn't want to get my hopes even higher and then everyone else's but now it's just about a done deal. At the end of this month hubby and I will be homeowners. We will be slaves to the lovely home in the picture below.


We have been negotiating with the owner for almost two months now and we've only recently come to an agreement and proceeded with a home inspection on Thursday. The home inspection went wonderfully with minor issues that we'll correct on our own. If anyone in the central New Jersey area is looking for a home inspector I highly recommend ours - Robert Hahn of Family Building Inspectors in East Brunswick NJ.

Back to the house and the details I'm sure you're dying to know. The house has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, (as you can see) 2 car garage, is on 1/3 (I think) of an acre, and has a ... drum roll ....

POOL!A contract has been signed and our closing date is scheduled for April 30! We are very excited but still have a ways to go with the mortgage, title search, survey, etc. before we can feel like it's really happening. I'm starting to pack up but doing it slowly and deliberately so that it's just things we won't miss in the next couple of weeks.

3 comments:

Roselawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What an awesome house! You'll have to have a housewarming pool party this summer. I'm so happy for you guys! And now you have an extra room for us when we come visit!

Vince said...

That is a beautiful house. I love the Pool.

Congratulations

UV

katie o. said...

Wow! Great house! Many congrats!