Saturday, October 04, 2008

Stitch Free

Exactly nine days ago I was so very tired from work and then made the valient effort to make dinner. Everything was going so well until the steak knife (apparently balanced precariously) decided to fall...on my foot.

Thankfully the knife did not do a point first nose dive but instead did a very well balanced horizontal fall. Falling and landing on the top of my left foot and all I remember next was sitting on the floor and putting pressure on it while looking the crimson drops of blood that had made it's way out of my foot. It was gross and I have never been so queasy in my life.

The hubby took care of the wound, served up dinner and all was well until I stopped sitting still. So at 11:30pm we headed to the emergency room. It wasn't too bad but I couldn't walk without splitting the cut open again - so I got one pathetic stitch and had to wear flats for 9 freakin days! Well the stitch came out today and the scar looks like a division sign.

I have a new found respect for knives ...

No comments: