Friday, February 15, 2008

Target is stalking me...

The other day I got my March issue of InStyle. As I browsed my shiny new magazine I noticed an insert for Target (with rare and covetable coupons). I flipped the insert to it's back side and saw this...
The coupon knew my name! I have no idea how magazines get made but I do know that amongst the hundreds of pages some miracle had to be coordinated for the label on the cover of the magazine to match up with this stalker-like message inside on page 175 or something. On top of that, not only did it know me, but it told me where my nearest Target is located. Doesn't it know - I know that? I guess if it knew I knew then it'd be scary. This crazy marketing concept is very cool, yet very creepy at the same time. I'd love to see the technology behind it.

1 comment:

snippy said...

But still, isn't it nice to know that Target is using your new last name? Aww!