Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Lincoln Logs Will Do Just Fine

These past couple of weeks has been a major aggravation living at our apartment. Our place is pretty good but it all broke down with the neighboring multi-family dwelling getting renovations done. The first strike happened when I got home and my parking spot was just about blocked by renovation debris. After a bazillion point turn I finally got into my parking spot. Strike 2 happened the next day. I came home and there was even more debris and no way I could even get into my spot. Lucky for me, hubby checked on the debris situation during the day and made arrangements for me to park in front of our house in our landlord's driveway. (Thanks hon!).

Today was another story. I am very grumpy in the morning and I just need to make it to work and begin sipping my coffee and I'm good. But when you go out at 7:15 in the morning expecting to hop in the car and go and a van is totally blocking your car and just about everyone else - the cranky level goes through the roof. Lucky for me, the electrician (who the van belonged to) was just inside the dwelling and moved his van, still making it difficult as I had to back down the driveway rather than my usual method and on top of it I was later than usual. Bah humbug.

So I am thinking about heading to Target to get me a new home ... hey it's cheap and there is a credit crisis.

But seriously I need a dwelling to call my own by Christmas - wish me luck.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Around here, people in your place just honk and honk non-stop until they have EVERYBODY's attention, including the one person blocking them in.

Best of luck house hunting, that's a great goal, and a big one.