Thursday, January 03, 2008

Gorgeous Handbags Without Breaking the Bank

It is so tempting to blow an entire paycheck (or just your definition of an obscene amount of money for a bag to carry your stuff in) on a breathtaking handbag.

Last fall I visited a sample sale and found some pretty fabulous bags by Maxx New York. My favorite bag is their Suede Quilted Satchel - this is one huge handbag and could probably provide shelter to a small family. The Patent Croco is a very close 2nd, only because I already have a bag in croco (fake croco of course).

I recently found some of their last season bags on the local TJ Maxx store with a very reasonable price tag (if that's even possible). I saw the Suede Quilted Shoulder in leopard with a TJ Maxx price of $99!

My favorite handbags always have the best storage. Plenty of slots, spots and pockets for your cell phone, iPod, PDA or whatever else you can think of to schlep around. Maxx is great with the pockets as are Cole Haan handbags. I'll gush about Cole Haan bags another day. Bottom line ... if you're worried about your bottom line and a slight splurge for a great bag is doable, look into Maxx. They have very classic designs from the quilted to the patent leather to more trendy styles and colors (patent leather blue).

2 comments:

TucsonLizzie said...

Giant cupcakes are definitely still in for 2008. I will rely on you to tell me if my handbag is still ok this year.

katie o. said...

I am absolutely in love with the quilted handbag. Usually I can take or leave them, but that one is absolutely fabulous. *sigh*