Saturday, January 19, 2008

Girls Weekend

Last weekend I headed down to South Jersey to visit with my gal-in-laws (mother and sister). We started the fun just after my arrival by shopping (not til we dropped - that would've been a bad idea). We hit up the Express sale, NY & Co and Forever XXI. I got some great pieces at Express and Forever XXI - just need the right weather to rock my new clothes. Right now it's way too cold in Jersey to fabulous.

We then headed out to dinner at a local Italian place called Rockefellas - very gangsta. Food was pretty good and I ate my Penne Vodka leftovers for 2 days afterwards! After dinner we took advantage of modern cable television and ordered Waitress, starring Keri Russell. I have to say this is one heck of a chick flick. It's a little unusual but it has the wife from Curb Your Enthusiasm, the OB/GYN husband from Desperate Housewives and the techie guy from Ocean's Eleven and Twelve. A lovable movie.

The next day I decided to hang out longer and we took in a preview showing of Katherine Heigl's new movie, 27 Dresses at the local theater. There were some technical difficulties getting the movie to show after the previews but after about 15 minutes we were able to enjoy the show. I have to say that Katherine is a good actress in this movie but I my favorite character was James Marsden's as the newspaper wedding writer. There was a lot of typical chick flick formulaic annoyance, drama and then love. Can't ever forget the love cause that's why I enjoy chick flicks so much. I enjoyed 27 Dresses and since it's now in theaters I recommend you go and enjoy it too. Guys, you should sit this one out.

1 comment:

TucsonLizzie said...

We just watched Waitress on Friday! I really loved it, but it inspired me to make very bad pies.