Thursday, January 10, 2008

Funniest Cooking/Travel Show Ever!

During my recent television watching I've been seeing hilarious commercials of chef Anthony Bourdain's new show No Reservations. Some of the commercials have Anthony riding a RV and while riding he starts to tumble down the sandy hill. I know it's probably dangerous but it is hilarious watching it happen, listening to the beeps that replaces the curses and him being perfectly safe. All in good fun.

So I gave in and added Mr. Bourdain to my DVR line-up. Anthony basics chooses different locales around the world goes their on a trip with a friend as his guide. It's more a travel show than cooking but the cooking is done by the natives who do it best. The first episode I saw was a visit to Vietnam to see a friend and some wild trips around Vietnam. You have to see it for yourself. But at one point he is visiting a very remote part of Vietnam, the alcohol comes out and the Vietnamese get down to dancing ... with sticks. It's like trying to do double dutch crunked out. Anthony did it and afterwards he gets up in the camera and says, "Fred mother bleeping Astaire, bitches!" I was dying. It was amazing.

As I write this I am watching the episode where he visits Seoul, Korea. I am drooling over all the amazing Korean food and need to get myself to my local Korean BBQ joint.

No comments: