Thursday, November 08, 2007

Christmas is all around

I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes

Christmas is all around me

and so the feeling grows...

On my way home from work I stopped at Target. I walked in and it was like Santa's workshop in there! There were holiday gifts and decoration everywhere! From the dollar spot section to the front and back seasonal sections! And don't forget the card section and the end caps with all those subliminal holiday gift suggestions. I was suckered in and bought two rolls of wrapping paper from the dollar section. (For those that don't know - I love wrapping paper and all the accoutrements that go with gift presentation.)

It makes me feel like I need to get a jump on Christmas shopping (apparently Target is no slacker and I am). I thought Christmas was coming fast at me like a freight train, but (holy smokes Batman!)Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks! I don't even know where I am going to eat turkey this year. I did prepare and order some (what I tasted for the first time ever and thought was) yummy pecan and pumpkin pie from dining services at work. Yes, I bought pie from the company I work for, sort of. Apparently, for who knows how long, our dining services area sells pies during the holidays (also something called a chocolate yule log and cognac pumpkin cheesecake) and has a tasting day. Yesterday was tasting day and I had samples of apple, blueberry, pumpkin, sweet potato and pecan pie. The blueberry, which is usually my favorite, wasn't that great. Apple good but the pie eaters in my family won out and got their pies of choice.

At least the Target holiday shopping bags aren't out ... yet.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Retail is really in a bind right now - spending is down and the temperate fall kept many people out of the stores and not interested in fall sweaters/apparel, etc. So, stores are looking for a strong rally this Christmas season not to excel, just to meet investor expectations. Still, they probably would have started in-store Christmas this early anyway.