Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My Bachelorette Party - Part I

I was just plucky with having a Bridal Shower and nothing else. My bridesmaids didn't think that was enough and knew I was a bit of a prude so they threw me a very tame and small gathering this past weekend. On Saturday I arrived at my FMIL and MOH's house to find this ...
Then we headed over to Freehold Raceway Mall to meet up with my other bridesmaid, Diane and her mom, and Mandy's aunt, Beverly. Upon our arrival I was promptly given a gift full of tulle and prettiness. The gift was the Night at the Museum DVD and announced the plans for the day: "shopping, mani/pedi and dinner with portions the size of my big head." The shopping plans were mainly to find dresses for the girls. We started off at Nordstrom but had no luck in store - it turns out that the online inventory has far more to offer. Strangely enough the ladies at this Nordstrom were quite snooty and I've never ever experienced that before...hopefully they were just having on off day. Since we had no luck at Nordstrom, upon my FMIL's suggestion, we headed over to Lord & Taylor where we spent a good 2-3 hours and hit the dress jackpot! Both Mandy and Diane found the same dress for the reception and on sale. On top of that two very generous ladies allowed them to "borrow" their 20% off coupons.

After the dress success we headed to find shoes for the girls and ended up finding this gorgeous Nine West Accolia sandal. Nine West was out of their size but I just knew Macy's would have them in stock. Macy's had them so I bought 2 pairs and got to use a 20% off coupon. (If you didn't already know ... I am "CJ" aka "Coupon Jen" to Nick's family.)All the shopping was a success so it was time to move on to manicures and pedicures. To be continued...

No comments: