Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Wedding Mania

My fiance and I began planning our wedding about 1-2 weeks after we got engaged. The very first thing we did was to make a guest list ... 150 people. Wow. So then we started looking in local magazines to find venues we'd want to get married at. The most valuable mags I got for my birthday from my good friend, Josanne, for my birthday. Nick (the fiance) and I chose a beach ceremony as ideal. We headed to the Jersey Shore with his sister (who is my MOH and lives at the shore) and checked out a bunch of places and none where perfect. Although the best and most breathtaking view was at Merrimakers at Waters Edge. What a view!

To make a long story short we felt the NJ beaches weren't exactly what we envisioned and started to look all over to NJ just to find a venue we could both agree on and wouldn't put us in the poor house. To our great disappointment we could not fall in love with any venue (we saw about at least 20) for our wedding. We then began to consider a destination wedding ... tropical beaches ... we were getting much closer to what we wanted.

After much careful consideration we decided on Hawaii, specifically the Garden Isle of Kauai. The pictures are amazing and I am still pinching myself as I make plans because I cannot fathom going to this tropical paradise and getting married there! My head spins just thinking about it, but Nick and I are so excited and awed that we're going to Hawaii to get hitched nothing can phase us! We're the super Bride & Groom ... all because of Hawaii.

No comments: