Friday, September 08, 2006

Going to the Chapel and We're Going to Get Married!

Friday April 28, 2006 was a typical end-of-the-week-kind-of-day. When the clock hit 4 ... I was outta there! I was so thrilled to just be home and when I walked in the door the boyfriend (now fiance) gave me the routine hug and I sat down on the couch to check out the television. He mentioned that I had gotten pictures from Shutterfly in the mail (I had ordered them) and he wanted to see them. Being the considerate guy that he is he asked if he could open them, I said sure and he came over to the couch with the pics. We were going through the piles of pictures (I explaining the pics because a lot of them were of co-worker's and events he wasn't present at) and as I flipped through them the last picture was a complete surprise. It was a photo of him holding a sign that said, "Marry Me Jenny" and around him was a photo collage of pictures we had of us together. Needless to say, I didn't even notice he was down on one knee and asking me to marry him because I was WAYYY to busy trying to figure out how he got the picture into my Shutterfly order.

The thoughts about his conspiracy with Shutterfly ....
1. Did he hack into my Shutterfly account? (we live together so it was feasible ... sorta)
2. Maybe he called Shutterfly for a favor ...
3. Maybe these really aren't the pictures I ordered but other ones that he thought I might want
4. But the package is sealed in this cardboard thing when mailed (i thought i had opened the package, but sneaky fiance did that)

Needless to say it was an awesome and a total surprise of a proposal and I will never never forget the day.

No comments: