Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Figured Out ... For Now

We're definitely getting married next May on the island of Kauai (pronounced: COW-eye) in Hawaii. After we decided to do a destination wedding the hardest part was not where but how. How were we going to go to Kauai and get married? What about friends? Family? Where will they stay? Where will we stay? How do you plan a destination wedding having never been to the destination???? All these questions made us crazy but we finally have it figured out and the turnout keeps on surprising us.

So far we have (not including us) 13 friends and family going to Kauai with us. Isn't that amazing? I really didn't expect this many people to come but that's just the list of definites and we have about 4 maybes. For some reason I am having mini-anxiety attacks over keeping track of the people that are coming to Hawaii (some friends/family are making their own travel arrangements - I am quite thankful for that) but I have to organize the wedding ceremony itself and tell the planner how many but my number keeps changing and I am trying to plan a dinner post-ceremony that also requires a head count. I keep thinking I have 8 months but then my head goes into this "countdown" mode and suddenly I've run out of time. I think I am going to take it one month at a time ... at least I'll try.

No comments: