Monday, January 02, 2012

Happy New Year!

I have been really bad at posting lately... probably because it's so much easier to do it on Facebook...

Anyhow, there's been tons of things that have happened - a bunch I can't even recall. We had Halloween, celebrated Thanksgiving, enjoyed Christmas and toasted the New Year.

Most exciting is that I went snowboarding for the first time last week. The hubby, brother, his girlfriend and I headed up to Blue Mountain for most of the day. I spent a couple hours learning the basics on the bunny slope (many falls included, including a hard one right on the tailbone - which btw still hurts). Then for some crazy reason we decided to go up to the top and try a green run. I got on the lift just fine but then totally wiped out getting off and then did a third of the run off the lift and gave up. The mountain was just too high and the runs seemed way too scary. Here are a few pictures of me looking a little cool...



 Learning the basics ... 

 ...still learning...


omg! I am vertical... and I look awesome!

 and... much less awesome now... 
I am pretty sure this is where I fell right on my tailbone


So all in all not a bad end to the year. Hopefully I'll be up to try snowboarding again in January and/or February... must...not...give ... up.

Happy New Year to all!

No comments: