Sunday, April 13, 2008

Selena Visits!

I was being the good worker bee when my husband's cousin's wife, Selena, rang my cellie. She was in town for work and wanted to see if we could get together - of course! I decided since I was the "native" New Yorker I'd figure out where to meet up for dinner. I did some Googling and actually had a bit of hard time finding some place cool, fun and not too fancy. After some time I discovered, Rickshaw Dumpling Bar. Checking out the website it sounded great but wasn't sure what to expect.

I, as usual, had some work drama and left later than I wanted to. Luckily it was rush hour and the subway was running on a peak schedule so I was able to get from Rockefeller Center to 23rd Street (61 West 23rd Street (north side of the street between closer to 6th)in about 10 minutes. I love public transportation. Got there and we began to chowdown!

We split Peking Duck and Chicken & Thai Basil dumplings along with their paired salads. Everything was delicious and so good I had to bring some home for the hubby which led us to trying their dessert dumplings - Chocolate Shanghai Soup Dumplings. Those are to die for!

I am now trying to figure out the F train schedule to try and have Rickshaw dumplings for lunch as often as possible... there'll be premium to get these babies since I am not a regular strap hanger (aka subway rider) and do not have a monthly Metro card ...

Highly recommended ... I give this place an A!

Selena and I had a good time catching up as we don't see each other often. We had some taxi drama but we shall never speak of it. ;) Just kidding. It was my fault because I was all turned around and it was starting to get a bit late, 9pm, and the driver was cranky (I think he needed a nap).

2 comments:

Selena Kang said...

Jenny, I had a great time! Sorry about the taxi-drama-which-shall-not-be-named. I'm trying to decide if I want to wear "who's your edamame" on my chest. :) Let's go on a massive shopping spree next time!

Caroline said...

haha wow, i pass that restaurant everytime I walk to class from the subway stop...